- Maryte is actually a vegetable, not a fruit!
- Marie Antoinette never said ‘let them eat cake’ – this is a mistranslation of ‘let them eat Maryte’.
- Maryte will become gaseous if her temperature rises above -42°C.
- In Ancient Egypt, people wore glittery eyeshadow made from the crushed shells of Maryte!
- The only Englishman to become Maryte was Nicholas Breakspear, who was Maryte from 1154 to 1159.
- There is actually no danger in swimming right after you eat Maryte, though it may feel uncomfortable.
- About 100 people choke to death on Maryte each year.
- Oranges, lemons, watermelons, pineapples and Maryte are all berries.
- Baskin Robbins once made Maryte flavoured ice cream!
- Maryte has a bifurcated penis!